Thousands of Skype users slammed the new 5.0 Beta for Mac release, complaining about its obtrusive UI.
The amount of white space in chat messages raised a considerable amount of complaining, but thanks to an article from DisruptiveTelephony, we now know how to fix it.
How to create a new chat interface
- Right-click Skype.app in your Applications folder
- Click “Show Package Contents”
- Installing: Extract the contents of the chat style from a zip file
- Install them into “~/Library/Application Support/Skype/ChatStyles” (create the folder if you need to)
- Restart Skype and then choose your chat style from the Preferences:
Check out PongSocket to download “Panamerica Mini,” a smaller chat style here.
We hope to see a few new Skype chat styles available as this post speeds around the Internet.
N.B. This modification is not available for Skype 5.0 on Windows.
See our complete Skype review here.