The biggest change for the app is probably the name change from Sportacular to Yahoo Sports (no-brainer). Yahoo Sports is supposed to be a faster experience compared to Sportacular, adding more content and iPad support.
So. Much. Tech.
Some of the biggest names in tech are coming to TNW Conference in Amsterdam this May.
Yahoo tries to paint a picture:
Pretend like your favorite team is getting a new stadium. You still have the players and coaches you’ve come to count on in the clutch, but now the experience takes a leap to the next level; fancier nachos, comfier seats, nicer looking.
On the iPad, Yahoo says it focused on making the app faster and easier to scan, navigate, and consume. That includes adding extra screen space so you can read articles while simultaneously keeping an eye on live updates.
The full Yahoo Sports 4.0 for iOS changelog is as follows:
- iPad is here! Enjoy the new universal iOS support.
- Login to Yahoo! Sports to sync your favorite teams across mobile apps and the web.
- Refreshed design – A clean new look for a new era makes scanning and navigation a breeze.
- “Live Games” – Follow every in-progress game across all supported leagues from the “Live” tab on Trending scores.
- Game tweets – Follow the action with live game tweets from local beat writers and team experts.
- Pitch by pitch – Our baseball game experience is even better with pitch-by-pitch information for every at-bat.
- Note: Chat is no longer supported in v4.0.
Here’s the full Yahoo Sports 4.0 for Android changelog:
- Refreshed design – Enjoy a clean new redesign with improved scores and simplified navigation.
- Login to your Yahoo! Sports account to sync your favorite teams across all screens; iPhone, iPad, Android and the web.
- Team stats – You can now view the team total game stats from the game details page.
The Android changelog isn’t as extensive, leading us to believe that this update was more focused on Apple devices. In fact, tablet support still isn’t included: this release is just for Android smartphones.
Top Image Credit: Barbara Bar
Disclosure: This article contains an affiliate link. While we only ever write about products we think deserve to be on the pages of our site, The Next Web may earn a small commission if you click through and buy the product in question. For more information, please see our Terms of Service.