This new version tightly integrates Nokia’s Ovi Music application with the suite for the first time, bringing it more into line with the competition, Apple’s iTunes. Ovi Suite benefits over Apple’s software in its ability to download maps direct to the handset saving space and reducing precious mobile bandwidth.
According to Nokia’s betalabs site, users will see the following changes in Ovi Suite v3.
- quick access to content and sync
- a view of recommended apps and games from Ovi Store
- a view recommended music from Ovi Music
- update notifications
- ability to connect to the internet through the mobile device
- full control of music playback on the handset
- drag and drop access to the phone
Nokia, once the dominant player in the mobile market (and still the overall leader in market share) has been struggling to compete with Apple and Android smartphones in the last couple of years but is hoping that recent releases will be able to help them reverse that trend.