Nestlé Purina Petcare is on a journey to support startup innovation and the next generation of disruptors in the pet care industry. They aim to bring advanced nutrition, health, and wellness, services as well as new digital solutions to our beloved pets and their parents. Purina themselves are innovating in their search for exciting ways of reaching entrepreneurs, experts, and innovators who share their purpose – creating richer lives for pets and the people who love them.
The combination of a growing pet population and an increasingly young, tech-literate demographic of pet owners is seeing an explosion of new and different ways to feed and care for their pets. Purina and TNW have teamed up to launch Unleashed, an accelerator lab program to support startup innovation in the pet care industry. There is plenty of tech for our pets - but what new digital & technical solutions are really vamping things up for our furry friends?
Combining the science and rigour of Purina’s R&D powerhouse and commercial capabilities to test and learn rapidly in local markets, Unleashed aims to help the growth of selected startups.
Learn more about Purina and its activities here.
Applications are now closed.
HOW DOES UNLEASHED WORK?
Up to 5 startups per cohort will have the opportunity to benefit from Purina’s deep petcare expertise, R&D and commercial networks and supported by a carefully selected multidisciplinary team to help you to prove your concept within 6 months, in the market.
This work will be funded by the Purina Accelerator Lab. Upon successful validation, you may be chosen for additional business collaborations, where there will be funding to help you to prove your business.
During this non-residential program, you will work with industry experts, immersed in a close-knit network of startups and advisors who will actively work with you to make sure your startup is as successful and sustainable as possible.
Who are we looking for?
Alternative business models including B2C and B2B from the following verticals:
- Connected solutions that work with data and analytics.
- Nutrition (new food forms and novel ingredients) along with personalized nutrition.
- Pet service that personalizes new business models including; adoption, travel, sitting, and walking.
- Proactive health and wellness, including diagnostics.
- Sustainable solutions (packaging, production, etc).
We are not looking for pharmaceuticals, accessories, gifts, toys and pet insurance.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
Unleashed has some broad eligibility requirements. In order to be eligible for the program, your company should comply with the following criteria:
- Your aim aligns with Purina’s purpose: to create richer lives for pets and the people who love them.
- You have a minimum viable product, and a business plan and vision, preferably already some customers
- You are geographically focused on Europe, Middle East, and North Africa or looking to commercialize your product or service in the region
- High quality and impressive leadership in the team that demonstrates a level of business maturity.
- High quality solutions that can be scaled across an exponentially large number of users.
WHY JOIN UNLEASHED?
Select Unleashed startups:
- May be chosen for additional business collaborations, where there will be funding to help prove your business
- Will work with industry experts and advisors to help your startup be as successful as possible
- Will have the opportunity to participate in MassChallenge Switzerland’s curriculum, thanks to the partnership between Nestlé and Mass Challenge Switzerland. The program will take place from July through September 2020.
- May be recommended the Purina Accelerator Lab to fast-track to round two judging panel
- Will be invited to join exclusive events throughout the year, like Nestle Demo Days and Investor Network events
February 3, 2020 - Applications open
March 31, 2020 - Applications close
June 19, 2020 - Winner's pitch day in Switzerland
July, 2020 - First cohort starts
December, 2020 - Program ends