Here at The Next Web we’re very active when it comes to events and conferences. We’re all about being constantly updated, meeting new people and expanding our network.
Not only do our editors and managers attend events, but members from every team attends at least one event each quarter. Developers, designers, marketing, sales – there is always an interesting conference happening somewhere full of cool things, insights and new connections. In addition to those, we also host meet-ups and other small events here at the Amsterdam office so we can share our knowledge and bring the tech community closer together.
Last year we drafted a conference calendar so everyone in the company would know where people were going and where they would be speaking. That helped us to plan meetings, dinners and our social sharing of every event.
In order to get the most out of this calendar, we’re posting it online so our readers, partners and anyone interested to meet us can know where we will be.
Here’s where you can find us the first quarter of 2016 (through March 31):
- Jan 4 – 8 – CES / Las Vegas: Natt Garun, Napier Lopez and Bryan Clark from our editorial team are in attendance at the world’s largest consumer electronics show, bringing you the latest news, gadgets and accessories.Given that it’s happening right now, their schedule is pretty much full but you can reach them on Twitter at @NattGarun, @Napilopez and @BryanClark, or via email at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Jan 17 – 19 – DLD / Munich: DLD (Digital-Life-Design) is a global series of events focused on innovation, digitization, science and culture. The conference brings together influential opinion-makers, industry leaders, start-ups and digital giants. Martin Bryant, our Editor-at-Large, will be there to report and interview key speakers. You can reach Martin at @MartinSFP on Twitter or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jan 20 – SEO Meetup / Utrecht: Meetups bring together people with something in common. SEO Utrecht Meetup is an event to learn more about search engine optimization and Google. From the two talks of the event, one will be given by Martijn Scheijbeler and Julian Aijal, Marketing Director and SEO Specialist respectively. Do you have questions about SEO or want to meet them at the meetup? Their Twitter is @MartijnSch and @jaijal and email is email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb 3 – MIE / Utrecht: Marketing Insights Event is approaching its 14th edition and as the name suggests, it brings together all the latest in marketing and insights. Martijn Scheijbeler, TNW’s Marketing Director will be attending the event to bring home new and fresh ideas. You can reach him at @MartijnSch on Twitter or via email at email@example.com.
- Feb 4 – Swipe Summit / Dublin: Swipe Summit is an event in its second year and will bring the latest thinking, products and technology in the digital arena. Martin Bryant, our Editor-at-Large, will be on stage. You can reach Martin at @MartinSFP on Twitter or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb 4 – Tech020 / Amsterdam: This is an “unconference” because it allows two-way interaction between the speakers and the attendees. The event will bring together designers, gamers, nerds, developers, start-ups, students, scientists and fans of internet an technology. Our Co-founder Patrick de Laive and our Senior Back-End Developer Otto Rottier are going to be speaking there. You can contact them via Twitter: @Patrick, @OttoRottier; or via email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feb 11 – Friends of Search / Amsterdam: This third edition of Friends of Search promises to share the best insights about SEA and SEO from USA, England, Germany and many other countries experts. Our Marketing Director, Martijn Scheijbeler, will be one of the experts sharing his knowledge at the event. He’ll speak about how to scale your SEO program for maximum impact as a publisher. If you have questions for him or want to discuss some more about the topic, you can contact him at @MartijnSch on Twitter or via email at email@example.com.
- Feb 11 – IoT TechExpo / London: The Internet of Things (IoT) Tech Expo Event will bring to Europe high level discussions about key industries like Transport, Health, Manufacturing, Energy and much more. On the second day of the event, our Editor-at-Large Martin Bryant is chairing the Connected Living Stage. You can talk to him and maybe schedule a meeting via Twitter at @MartinSFP or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb 22-25 – Mobile World Congress and 4YFN/ Barcelona: Mobile World Congress brings together the world’s mobile industry as the latest devices and apps are shown off and key players discuss the future of the industry and 4 Years From Now is a side event and business platform focused on connecting startups. Our reporters Owen Williams and Abhimanyu Ghoshal will be at MWC covering the event and on the 22 our Editor-at-Large, Martin Bryant, will be a jury member at the Mobile Premier Awards. Martin will also be moderating a panel at 4YFN. Follow them on Twitter @ow, @aghoshal, @MartinSFP or send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. And if you want to meet our Co-founder Patrick de Laive, he will be participating in a fireside chat on Wednesday, at 4YFN. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org and Twitter is @patrick.
- Feb 27 – What Next? Conference / Manchester: What should you do after you’ve finished university? That’s the focus of this conference that brings students, graduates, and entrepreneurial minds together to network, learn and be inspired.Martin Bryant, our Editor-at-Large, will be speaking about key technology tools and trends that you will need to know about in 2016. You can talk to him via Twitter at @MartinSFP or via email at email@example.com.
- March 5 – MeasureCamp / London: MeasureCamp is an ‘unconference.’ There are no schedules and everyone is invited to talk, discuss and even lead sessions. Martijn Scheijbeler and Web Analyst Simon Vreeman will be attending to learn even more about analytics and data performance. You can reach them through Twitter @MartijnSch and @vreeman or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- March 11 – 15 – SXSW / Austin: Founded in 1987, South by Southwest (SXSW) is actually a set of conferences – SXSW Music Festival, SXSW Film Conference & Festival and SXSW Interactive Festival. Editorial team members Lauren Hockenson, Natt Garun and Martin Bryant will be covering SXSW Interactive. Martin is also hosting a pitching session for the Accelerator, a startup pitch competition happening as part of the SXSW Interactive Festival. You reach them on Twitter @lhockenson, @nattgarun and @MartinSFP or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Matt Navarra, our Social Media Director will also be there reporting about the coolest things happening in the event. Matt’s Twitter is @MattNavarra and email is email@example.com.
The calendar will be updated as new events and talks come up.
Want to suggest an event or invite us to attend or speak at your event? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a #TNWLife article, a look into life and work at The Next Web.