We’ve done some lists in the past about the hottest startups from various parts of the world. With editors such as Courtney Boyd Myers in NYC, a strong Canadian channel and a dedicated European presence, it’s just what we do here at TNW.
I had a chance to sit down with Chris McIntyre a few weeks ago to talk about Jumpstart Foundry, a somewhat new startup accelerator in Nashville. While we’ll get into more detail about Jumpstart at some point in the near future, I’m pleased to have the chance to let you know about its first 6 rockstar startups since becoming part of the TechStars Network.
Chosen from 100 different applicants through 8 countries, these six will move to Nashville to start a 14-week accelerator on May 22nd. On August 25th, the companies will have the chance to take part in an invitation-only Investor Day. So who are they? Here’s your list:
- YouPromise – A platform for facilitating video-based, legally binding promises.
- Kahootzz – A social platform combining community partnerships and consumer markets into a “local opportunity engine.”
- Reflex – A tool for visual designers and tech enthusiasts to build applications for iOS and Android.
- TapMe – Multi-platform web service aggregator with filtered content and extended sharing features.
- The Fresh Test – “Farm-to-fork” solution using grid sensor technology devoted to solving waste, spoilage and regulation issues across food supply chains.
- Virtual Parking – Platform allowing consumers to pay for metered parking and private lots via mobile devices.
Touting a massive group of mentors, Jumpstart Foundry will give these 6 startups help in everything from marketing and business development to coding and entrepreneurship lessons. We’ll be doing some interviews with the group, so make sure to keep an eye on TNW US.
This post is part of our contributor series. The views expressed are the author's own and not necessarily shared by TNW.