We’ll keep you updated (we did!), but for now, here are a few “alternative” video sites that are bound to keep you entertained (but that you should also checked out a long time ago).
- Aniboom: A site for professional and semi-professional animators to show off their work and market it to producers
- TED: Inspiring speeches and discussions
- Big Think: A more social version of TED
- Engage Media: Focused on social justice and environmental issues facing the Asia-Pacific region and Australia.
- TV One World: Video sharing site and an aggregator. It features videos geared towards anyone “concerned about a better world.
- VerticalSlice.tv: a light hearted look at video gaming news and culture
- Current: A In-depth investigation and exploration of the world’s most important, interesting, and entertaining stories. A unique blend of original productions and viewer created media.
- Sevenload – YouTube like community, lots of videos, pictures too and of course the upload functionality. Lots of cat content if you’re into that kind of thing.
Read next: Why Facebook Is Shorthand For Scandal