In a totally unexpected move, it’s basically the classic NES console in a tiny body and pre-loaded with 30 games.
Win a trip to Amsterdam!
We've teamed up with Product Hunt to offer you the chance to win an all expense paid trip to TNW Conference 2017!
Perhaps the company is just having a moment of nostalgia. Either way, I already love it.
The NES is coming back to stores! Pick up the new mini NES Classic Edition on 11/11 w/ 30 included games! pic.twitter.com/wFDw7lHWb7
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) July 14, 2016
Here’s what we know so far:
- It will cost $60
- Extra NES controllers will cost you $10
- The controller can be attached to a Wii remote for use with the Virtual Console on the Wii or Wii U
- It ships on November 11
- It comes with an HDMI and USB cable (for power)
- It’s tiny and cute and the best
- Games come with ‘multiple suspend points,’ allowing you to save your progress and not throw your remote at your TV when you remember how much harder old-school games were
Furthermore, it comes with 30 great classic games pre-installed:
- Balloon Fight
- Bubble Bobble
- Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
- Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong Jr.
- Double Dragon II
- Dr. Mario
- Final Fantasy
- Ghosts ‘n’ Goblins
- Ice Climber
- Kid Icarus
- Kirby’s Adventure
- Mario Bros.
- Ninja Gaiden
- Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
- SUPER C
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Tecmo Bowl
- The Legend of Zelda
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
I don’t really know what Nintendo is thinking, but I want one SO bad.