In a totally unexpected move, it’s basically the classic NES console in a tiny body and pre-loaded with 30 games.
Perhaps the company is just having a moment of nostalgia. Either way, I already love it.
The NES is coming back to stores! Pick up the new mini NES Classic Edition on 11/11 w/ 30 included games! pic.twitter.com/wFDw7lHWb7
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) July 14, 2016
Here’s what we know so far:
- It will cost $60
- Extra NES controllers will cost you $10
- The controller can be attached to a Wii remote for use with the Virtual Console on the Wii or Wii U
- It ships on November 11
- It comes with an HDMI and USB cable (for power)
- It’s tiny and cute and the best
- Games come with ‘multiple suspend points,’ allowing you to save your progress and not throw your remote at your TV when you remember how much harder old-school games were
Furthermore, it comes with 30 great classic games pre-installed:
- Balloon Fight
- Bubble Bobble
- Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
- Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong Jr.
- Double Dragon II
- Dr. Mario
- Final Fantasy
- Ghosts ‘n’ Goblins
- Ice Climber
- Kid Icarus
- Kirby’s Adventure
- Mario Bros.
- Ninja Gaiden
- Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
- SUPER C
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Tecmo Bowl
- The Legend of Zelda
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
I don’t really know what Nintendo is thinking, but I want one SO bad.