It’s still early – pre-orders are not set to turn on for the next 25 minutes – but here’s what we know thus far about the international pricing for the Surface RT tablet:
- Australia – $789.00 for 32GB, $679 with Touch Cover, $789 for 64GB with Touch Cover
- Canada – $519 for 32GB, $619 with Touch Cover, $719 for 64GB with Touch Cover
- France – €489 for 32GB, €589 with Touch Cover, €694 for 64GB with Touch Cover
- Germany – €479 for 32GB, €579 with Touch Cover, €679 for 64GB with Touch Cover
- UK – £399 for 32GB, £479 with Touch Cover, £559 for 64GB with Touch Cover
- As more markets come online, we will update this post.
Here is a shot from the French store:
The Surface is launching in a total of 8 markets today.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Microsoft is building between three and five million Surface tablets this quarter. That figure is a far cry from the company’s original claim that it wanted to move a few million of the devices in its first year.
In perspective, at 5 million units, the Surface line would be a several billion dollar business. For more on the Surface, its construction, and early notes on its use, head here.
Image credit: Kevork Djansezian / Getty Images
Published October 16, 2012 — 15:49 UTC