Cydia, the well-known software repository for jailbroken Apple devices, will today start to incorporate the app catalog of Rock Your Phone after SaurikIT (creators of Cydia) acquired the popular app store, creating a unified place for all jailbroken applications in the process.
A statement on the Rock Your iPhone website announced the following:
After 18 months in the iOS Jailbreak scene Rock has been acquired by SaurikIT (makers of Cydia) and over the next few days we will be moving all products/users/licenses over to Cydia Store.
Customers who have purchased apps via Rock will be able to port their licenses across to Cydia by using their Google Account or Facebook account to login to Cydia, automatically transferring the licenses.
The guys at Rock also included some fun facts about the store:
- Number of Developers with apps listed in the Rock Store: 124 (from 19 countries)
- Unique iOS devices that installed Rock: 4.6 million (from 220 countries/territories) – Wow that is a lot of places!
- Registered Rock Users: 2+ million
- Number of App licenses sold: 500,000
- Users of who took the plunge and bought something: 280,000 (from 185 countries)
- Users who said screw it and installed a hacked version instead: 38 billion (please send us $1)
- Total Rock Your Phone Store Sales (March 12th, 2009 – September 2010): $3.3+ million
- Number of Rock Employees (we are using the word employee loosely here but, hey, it is our company): 9
An interesting development that’s for sure, more apps on Cydia can only be a good thing. Congratulations to the Rock team!
Read next: How Apple Designed The Current iPods