Fresh from the ever lovely, and annoyingly well-connected, Windows8Italia blog comes a grip of new shots of the next version of Office, Office 15. No, not Office 2015, Office version 15, the next edition of the productivity suite that will follow Office 2010 to market.
Ever been to a tech festival?
TNW Conference won best European Event 2016 for our festival vibe. See what's in store for 2017.
Look for metro influence as we go through these images together. The build that we are looking at is 15.0.2703.1000.
Now, we have information as well on each of these applications and what they should do that is new in Office 15, but we are working from an Italian source so it is a bit touch and go. Thanks to the glory that is Google Translate, we have our usual, slightly doggerel translation. We always scrub what Google churns out to make it sound less insane, but there are few words today that were beyond salvation.
- There is a tool for filtering data in a thunderstorm [ed. we have no idea]. In this version it does not seem to work, but we probably see a timeline with which to select the records to display.
- New dialog box for entering chart data.
- Import data via Atom feed.
- New features: Converting numbers to Roman numerals , convert numbers from / to an arbitrary basis , operations bit-wise functions, advanced trigonometry , Gauss, Gamma, Phi, Xor.
- Broadcast of documents on the web, such as PowerPoint [ed. general file upload?].
- Animations that make the selection of the text and the scrolling smoother [ed. no thanks!].
- Insert online video and audio.
Sketch effect for diagrams [ed. check out the Visio screenshot above.]
That is what we have right now. We are trying to tighten the translation a touch, but as TNW does not have someone on staff who is fluent in Italian, it is a bit tough. We will be covering Office 15 as carefully as we have Windows 8, as it is one of the three major drivers of Microsoft revenue and profit.
As always, more as it comes.