With ambitious goals for the next couple of years, increasing our visibility is of great importance to us. As 35 percent of our users find The Next Web via search engines like Google and Bing, we want to build on that basis and increase our visibility it in the future.
Across our different projects, there’s a huge amount of content waiting to be re-optimized to attract more traffic from search engines. We’re looking for somebody who can create the structure and work with the rest of the marketing team on finding the optimal balance for both users and search engines, maximizing SEO growth across the whole of TNW.
At The Next Web marketing and technology feels like a warm bath. We believe technology is the big driver of our lives and our company. The marketing team consists of 8 people and is focused on driving more traffic, engagement and revenue through our multiple projects (TNW Deals, TNW Index, TNW Conference). We absolutely believe in data-driven marketing, that’s why test everything we put out in the open and monitor every KPI you can imagine.
We work hard but we do it all in a smart, open and collaborative environment with awesome people, snacks, drinks and the occasional celebration. Oh, and did we mention we work in the heart of Amsterdam, at the hottest office in town and host the best tech conference in Europe?
You have a deep passion for SEO: you know what’s working and what’s not, and are up to date on the evolving landscape and features that Google is providing. You’re not staring blindly at the reports that you have available to you and know what the data is telling you and how you can push improvements forward.
You’ll be working across most of our teams: from editorial (optimizing content from the moment it’s published) to marketing (to streamline your efforts) back to development to make sure your wishes are implemented as fast as possible.
What will you be working on?
We could use some extra hands in making sure we provide Google with the right data on both the content side and the technical side. That’s why we want you to have advanced experience working with Schema.org. If you’re on the job anyway we’d hope that you also can keep an eye on all the data we monitor to watch our overall SEO progress: keywords, rankings, volumes, landing pages, bots, you name it! We have an increasing set of tools available to you and the best developers and marketing team.
You’ll be setting up the SEO strategy with the marketing team to make sure we crush our yearly goals!
Who are you?
- You have 2+ years of hands-on experience with SEO, preferably on a site with more than 100.000 monthly users.
- Experience in doing extensive SEO audits for technical, content and UX-related issues.
- You have a strong analytical mindset, preferably with advanced experience in Google Analytics, creating advanced segments shouldn’t be a challenge for you.
- You are comfortable working with tens of thousands of pieces of content to make sure your strategies work for all of them.
- Good knowledge of structured markup like Schema.org, JSON-LD and other micro formatting techniques.
- Good knowledge of technical SEO: HTML, CSS and JS and the evolving landscape of SEO.
- Good working knowledge with tools like GetSTAT, Ahrefs, Moz, Majestic SEO, Screaming Frog, Google and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- You’ve worked with large sets of content and data before.
- You live or want to live in the Netherlands, our head quarters is in Amsterdam.
- Experience with WordPress development would be beneficial.
- Experience with SEO for Yandex and Baidu would be beneficial.
- Experience with mobile SEO would be beneficial.
Want to apply or need more information?
To apply for this job position, please send Martijn Scheijbeler your résumé (CV or LinkedIn) and a cover letter describing your SEO experience. If you have any questions about this position, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Martijn either.