As one of the world’s leading blogs on internet news and technology, we’d like to get in touch with our visitors on a regular basis via, among others, email. Obviously we’d like to expand our current email database and get in touch with them with more personalized content to increase retention. As we don’t like spamming we want to make sure we track the performance on emails well enough. Your goal is to make sure we get as less complaints as possible and improve open and click rates to The Next Web.
Internship Email Marketing Operations:
By joining the marketing team of The Next Web you’ll directly contribute to the performance of all our projects. With email lists of over 300.000+ subscribers across all projects we have a huge customer base to reach out to. This internship will work on creating the best email campaigns for all of them, by testing the subject lines of the email you send out to the segmentation of our newsletter subscribers back to writing the most effective content. We make our decisions data driven to make sure the data can tell us what works best.
Together with our marketing lead, project managers and editorial team will you be working on creating email campaigns that reach the next level to world domination: design, copy writing and measuring the performance will be part of your task list so you keep improving the process.
On the other side will you be working with the marketing team on improving the signup rates for our email lists, after all do we like to keep growing our email lists and learn more from our visitors/ subscribers.
We’ll guide you along the way and teach you about the online marketing areas that you want to get familiair with: SEO, PPC, Social Media, Web Analytics to make sure you reach your full potential. In the end we see internships as a two way stream, so we’ll both learn!
- You’re interested in startups, technology and doing online business.
- You’re interested in (online) marketing and analytical, preferably do you know a bit about A/B testing.
- You check your email (at least) 10 times a day.
- You’re ambitious and love to think about solutions that don’t exist yet, you’re innovative.
- You’re a great copywriter and willing to share your opinions and content with the TNW audience.
- Preferably do you have experience working with MailChimp, CampaignMonitor and do you know your way around Excel or Google Sheets.
- You live in Holland – we work in Amsterdam.
Start date: 1 September 2015.
We’d love you meet you!
Send your resume/ LinkedIn profile and a nice cover letter to Martijn. If you have any questions about the internship, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Martijn either.