Are you not satisfied until a design has this je ne sais quoi hotness about it? Are you mad about typography, and do you obsessively align your glass to the center of the coaster? We might get along really well! As our in-house designer you’ll be shaping how 7 million people a month see our company, content and products. That’s an audience most designers can only dream of. Think you are up for a challenge? To have fun, improve yourself and our products and work in the eclectic city of Amsterdam out of our brand new office?
As a designer you’ll be bringing your creativity to shape TNW’s online presence, making sure our content is a breeze to browse and gets some oohh’s and aahh’s. What if work didn’t feel like working? At TNW, we love what we do. We work with passion and strive to improve something every day. We are based in the heart of Amsterdam and work out of the former Hyves HQ (Holland’s Facebook avant la lettre). We also offer a competitive salary that lets your affords pretty things.
As a designer you will create designs (sometimes print, mostly web) for new and existing TNW platforms. You realize that copywriting is design, too, and love making every interaction as intuitive, pretty and engaging as it can be. You’ll be working closely with our Events and Marketing teams, as well as our talented developers, making sure they get the right assets and instructions to make your designs come alive. Then there’s the Editorial and Social teams that can always use great visuals to liven up their content and promotions.
- You have 4 years of experience, including interactive and identity design
- Photoshop and Illustrator have no more secrets for you
- You know your way around HTML5 and CSS3
- You know how to find stock photography that doesn’t look like stock photography
- You are able to voice design concerns to the development team and are good at communicating with geeks in general
- You live in Holland or plan to move to Holland (and have a work visa)
- You are able to work independently with little supervision
- Experience with print design
- Experience with CSS extensions like SASS and/or LESS
Please contact Alexander, send a resume, links to work and some words to explain why this job has you written all over it. We would love to hear from you!