Are you ready to strike some serious (six-figure) deals? Do you have the skills to help fuel the growth of the world’s leading Tech conferences and blog? Do you think in (new) business opportunities and concepts, have a witty, analytical mind and are you a natural networker and connector – but above all listener? Then you might just be the commercial rock star we are looking for! Put your talents to work to sell our great products.
At The Next Web we are looking for a Business Development Manager who expands our client base for both TNW Conferences (Amsterdam & NYC) and TNW News. You actively pursue new business and set up and roll out both online and offline partnerships and create long lasting relationship.
As a Business development manager you’ll be a valuable contribution to the development of The Next Web’s sales strategy, making sure new clients roll in every week, as well as ensuring our partnerships executed to the clients’ satisfaction. We work with a small but focused team, which means you’ll be part of the action from day one. Forget office politics, corporate hierarchy and 9 to 5 mentalities. Working at The Next Web means you’ll be kicking ass side by side with your colleagues to create content and networking opportunities that influences millions around the world.
Who you are:
- You have a strong interest and / or knowledge in the preferred industries: media, internet technologies, FinTech, eCommerce or any other fast-moving consumer driven environment
- You are an exceptional problem-solver, avid planner and your communication skills are through the roof: you have the ability to interact with – and engage any audience, including Fortune 500 CEOs and CMOs
- You have 3-5 years experience in marketing / business development and you have prove yourself in a complex sales environment with multiple channels, partnerships and end users
- You speak English at a native level but live in the Netherlands, preferably Amsterdam
- You’re not afraid of airplanes or being away from your mamma for a couple of weeks
- You want to learn, grow, improve and go go go. You’re a tiger!
What you’ll be doing for TNW
- You’ll be a senior point of contact for our high-profile C-level clients, presenting innovative solutions to enhance their performance and help them reach their goals
- You’ll act as a knowledgeable and visible presence in the tech industry and community, creating creative proposals to new clients
- You’ll collaborate with the business intelligence team to create and implement lead-generation strategies for partners (sponsors), exhibitors, startups and investors
- You’ll oversee and maintain an active and up to date database of clients and prospects in Salesforce
Do you think you’re up for this challenge? Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]