Rub that sleep from your eyes, make yourself a coffee and quickly come to terms with the fact that Monday is here again and the weekend is another four days, four hours and thirty-five minutes away (at least for me in the UK, not that I’m counting or anything).
Ever been to a tech festival?
TNW Conference won best European Event 2016 for our festival vibe. See what's in store for 2017.
Now, about that coffee…
News from The Next Web
- Encrypted messaging app Wiper is shutting down (sort of)
- Flurry data shows Apple Watch and Android Wear may have spawned new interest in health apps
- The Oracle v. Google trial draws sketchy image of Android’s Java use
- Apple confirms iTunes music deletion issue, has no idea what’s causing it
- Microsoft is shutting down Project Spark, its Mario Maker rival
- Federal government to begin mining social media as part of background checks
- We spend more time on Netflix than with friends, exercising or reading — combined
- Microsoft just added multi-disc backwards compatibility to the Xbox One
Features, reviews, distractions, deals and more
- 11 tools that tell you what your website users really think
- Can data save our democracy?
- Fooling myself with technology… and I like it
- 5 reasons why the internet still sucks
- Take 79% off the Complete Product Management bundle
- How to cheat your creative distractions and get more done
- Add 64GB to your MacBook with TarDisk drive expansion
- Review: LaCie’s Porsche Design USB-C drive is my MacBook’s gorgeous new best friend
- Every DJI Phantom owner should have the Manfrotto D1 Drone Backpack
- Why our brain sabotages our ambitions in favor of cake
- 2016 MacBook review: It’s almost the Pro we’re dreaming of
- 10 data security mistakes to avoid as a startup
From beyond The Next Web
- When Websites Won’t Take No for an Answer [The New York Times]
- Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg Tells Berkeley Grads: ‘What I Learned in Death’ [The Wall Street Journal]
- Google faces €3bn fine over shopping service [The Guardian]