Monday morning’s cold clutches are grabbing at your ankle, trying to pull you kicking and screaming into a whole new week. Rather than fight it and dread the gap between now and next weekend, take a little time to catch up on the tech headlines you missed.
We’ve put together the best tech news, features, reviews, distractions, deals and more. All you need to do is make yourself a coffee and start reading your way through.
“This event was off the charts”
Gary Vaynerchuk was so impressed with TNW Conference 2016 he paused mid-talk to applaud us.
You wouldn’t want to seem uninformed, would you?
News from The Next Web
- Tor and VPN users will be target of government hacks under new spying rule
- Facebook ignores calls for Safety Check in Syria as #AleppoIsBurning
- Now you can remotely track your kid for less than $50
- Gone for Good makes giving items to charity as easy as using Uber
- Mysterious Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto is really this Australian guy worth $450m
Features, reviews, distractions and more
- Electricity and bionics: The future of powering medical miracles
- How confidence affects your creativity
- 8 things I learned in 7 years writing for The Next Web
- 3 great deals from Mujjo for iPhone/Mac protection and convenience
- You’re good to go with these 6 travel and transport startups
- Supercharge your resume with the Ultimate SQL Bootcamp
- 7 tech-savvy ways to upgrade your wedding
- Shoot and edit like a pro with the Adobe Digital Photography Training bundle
- 98 lifestyle and work resources for digital nomads
From beyond The Next Web
- How much?! Snapchat interns earn $10,000 a month, twice the average US worker [The Guardian]
- How you’re making Facebook a money machine [NY Times]
- Her Story: how JG Ballard and Sharon Stone inspired the award-winning game [The Guardian]
- Trends [AVC.com]