I’ve got some bad news for you – and then some good news.
The bad is that the weekend is over. It’s time to get your head out of the clouds and get back to your mundane weekday existence. The next one will be along soon enough. Don’t despair.
Ever been to a tech festival?
TNW Conference won best European Event 2016 for our festival vibe. See what's in store for 2017.
The good news is that while you were out doing other things, we were still paying attention. So make yourself a coffee, mute your phone and catch up on everything that you missed in the world of tech.
News from The Next Web
- Man who allegedly deleted his startup with one line of code is a huge troll
- Google brings free Wi-Fi to 9 more railway stations across India
- Facebook activates Safety Check feature following major earthquake in Ecuador
- LinkedIn’s new app helps students figure out their career paths and find mentors
- Apple is selling a seriously yellow iPad Pro for around $18,000
Features, reviews, gadgets, deals, distractions and more
- One week with the excellent HTC 10 and I still can’t quite work out why I would buy one
- Watch this old Zuckerberg interview from when Facebook was all about Solo cups and keg stands
- Become a digital entrepreneur with this 7-course bundle ($19)
- Broadband advertising rules really are a mess – and this time even the politicians agree
- TNW’s top tips for becoming a better writer
- BACtrack Trace Pro breathalyzer makes sure you’re not drunk driving
- The benefits of being a little fish: How startups can beat big companies at the PR game
- This week in patents: A hacker-proof internet, telepresence windows, and more
- Here’s what can happen when a drone propeller hits a slab of meat
- We talked to an ethical hacker, here’s what we learned
From beyond TNW
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Awarded $68,506 in Compensation in 2015 [The Wall Street Journal]
- Apple ‘abandons’ QuickTime on Windows [BBC]
- When Dungeons & Dragons Set Off a ‘Moral Panic’ [The NYT]