The first weekend of April has already passed, and with it, the northern hemisphere was ushered into springtime.
If that means you spent the last two days trying to enjoy the outdoors, taking care of chores, hanging out with friends or family – or perhaps just on a digital detox – then you missed some of the biggest and best stories in tech while you weren’t paying attention.
Ever been to a tech festival?
TNW Conference won best European Event 2016 for our festival vibe. See what's in store for 2017.
All you need to do is make yourself a drink, mute your phone and peruse the list below.
News from The Next Web
- Google will let you vote for your favorite talent show contestants from search results
- FBI has literally no problem helping law enforcement unlock phones
- Leaked documents show the dark corners where the mega-rich hide their billions
- Airbnb report in San Francisco shows nearly 10 percent of listings are likely illegal
Good reads, features, reviews, deals, distractions and more
- Build an IT career with this 3-Certification Essentials Training bundle
- Chainsaw-wielding drone is the kind of horror Leatherface dreams of
- Why mobile designers must focus on creating ‘micro-moments’
- Hold the phone: Tesla hasn’t made $7.5 billion in sales – the Model 3 doesn’t even exist yet
- Master Java with this 10-course programming bootcamp
- Microsoft wants to make the stylus cool again with Windows Ink
- Weekend business update: Bash in Windows, Spotify takes on $1B in debt, and more
- How your office water cooler can advance your career
From beyond The Next Web
- Facebook Live, annoying and intrusive, seems to be paying off (The New York Times)
- Google and Oracle agree not to research jurors online ahead of major trial (WSJ)
- The IPO standoff [AVC.com]