With another weekend down and another Monday morning bearing down on us, it’s easy to pine for the free time just passed.
If you spent the last two days relaxing away from a screen, however, you’ll have missed all the latest and greatest in tech news, including the unofficial start to Mobile World Congress 2016 in Barcelona.
Blockchain and cryptocurrency news minus the bullshit.
Visit Hard Fork.
With plenty of pre-show announcements, there’s lots to catch up on already. All you need to do is make yourself a coffee, clear your schedule and make your way down the list.
News from The Next Web
- Samsung’s beautiful Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge bring back features for power users
- LG is diving into VR with its own headset
- Happy 30th Birthday, ‘Zelda’! Watch this speedrunner smash ‘Ocarina of Time’
- HTC Vive available in April for $799
- Samsung outs Gear 360 camera for VR-like stills and videos
- Twitter is outgrowing Facebook in one country: Japan
- Sony’s new Xperia smartphones arrive with a range of odd connected devices in tow
- Facebook brings 360 streaming video to Samsung Gear VR and invests in ‘Social VR’
- LG 360 Cam is a 360-degree camera that captures every direction with a single snap
- Watch Samsung’s Galaxy Unpacked 2016 Mobile World Congress launch event right here
- LG’s G5 is the company’s first modular smartphone, sort of
- FBI says it reset the San Bernadino shooter’s iCloud password (and maybe royally messed up)
- Instagram now shows numbers of likes at 4 instead of 11. Can you manage?
- All I want for Christmas is LG’s adorable cat toy
Features, reviews, good reads, deals, distractions and more
- HP’s monster spec Windows 10 smartphone is a brave move
- Samsung’s new S7 and S7 Edge look incredible, but I’ve been burned before
- Huawei’s MateBook is a hybrid Windows 10 machine, just don’t call it a Surface rival
- 9 technologies that will shake up the startup world in 2016
- Weekend business update: Another $200m to Uber, MindMaze achieves unicorn status and more
- This week in patents: Facebook battles imposters and smart contacts may soon be a thing
- Moto 360 Sport review: If you haven’t bought it yet, you’re better off waiting
- 7 pillars of awesome game design
- How Indian e-commerce will pan out
News from beyond The Next Web
- Yelp Customer Service Employee Protests Low Pay in Medium Post, Is Promptly Fired [Recode]
- Powa Technologies: from UK tech darling to administration [FT.com]
- Samsung Connect Auto upgrades your car with 4G Tizen [Slash Gear]