With the holidays now fading fast into distant memory, January and 2016 are now well and truly under way, which is probably why you spent the last two days avoiding reality and pretending Monday would never come.
Well, it has, and while you were offline seeing friends, doing chores or hiding under the duvet all weekend, you missed a whole lot. Luckily, we were still paying attention while you were doing other things.
Blockchain and cryptocurrency news minus the bullshit.
Visit Hard Fork.
All you need to do is make yourself a coffee, find a quiet corner in the office and catch up on everything that happened in the last two days in tech.
News from The Next Web
- Xiaomi’s Redmi 3 offers a massive 4,100mAh battery and all-metal body for just $107
- Germany reportedly resumes domestic surveillance efforts with the NSA
- Watch this Tesla car drive itself with new ‘Summon’ option
- Juniper promises to scrap firmware code that granted NSA backdoor access
- SpaceX will reattempt landing its Falcon 9 rocket at sea
- Where have all Yahoo’s employees gone?
- See this amazing photo of a single protein on a graphene surface
- New social network Peach is being taken over by people using fake celebrity names
- T-Mobile lost a Binge On streaming partner after Legere told EFF to eff off
Features, reviews, distractions, deals and more
- So, what will Twitter’s ‘long tweets’ actually look like?
- Elgato Eve makes my dumb home (sort of) smart
- This is what happens when you start responding to spam
- Only Twitter would demand the release of El Chapo so he can go kill Trump
- Hands-on: Olympus’ 300mm F4 lens has ridiculously good stabilization
- NRGthemes’ world of WordPress design assets now 96% off
- How a tiny island is contributing to the Dutch tech boom
- Pick up comprehensive project management training for $39
- This week in patents: Google cleans seawater with wind, NASA upgrades the Mars Rover and more
- Charge green and save big with the Solartab 13,000mAh battery pack
From beyond The Next Web
- Photo evidence shows Facebook is building Messenger for Mac [TechCrunch]
- 2016 Google Tracker: Everything Google is working on for the New Year [ArsTechnica]
- A tour of animatronic tails and a Potemkin village at International CES [The New York Times]