With the first proper Monday following the Christmas and New Year break upon us, there’s a good chance you’re suffering through a litany of terrible puns – the first person to tell me they ‘haven’t seen me in a year’ will be disappointed with the response.
If you’re struggling to get back up to speed and can’t quite face that pile of unread email from the holiday period, then spend a few minutes catching up on all the best tech news, reviews, features, deals and more from The Next Web over the last few days.
Do you want to be a cryptocurrency millionaire?
Don't get your hopes up.
It’s a bumper extra-long edition due to the public holiday too, so you can escape your tedious colleagues for longer than usual.
News from The Next Web
- CES 2016: What to expect from the Las Vegas technology conference
- Apple’s CarPlay and Android Auto are coming to Ford cars this year
- Zuckerberg’s new year resolution is to develop an AI assistant for his house
- Lenovo’s $899 modular ThinkPad X1 tablet lets you snap on a projector and 3D camera
- Doctors are finally trying to stop women from crowdfunding boob jobs
- Apple won Christmas 2015
- Steam explains Christmas Day hack
- New images from inside Tesla’s Gigafactory appear on Instagram
- New York State wants DraftKings and FanDuel to give back all the money they made
- Babypod entertains your fetus with an insertable speaker for your baby maker
- This week in patents: Manufacture your own Nikes, an improved Google Glass and more
- Oculus delays ‘Touch’ shipment to second half of 2016
Features, reviews, long reads, deals, distractions and more
- Use The Force (and an Apple Watch) to fly this drone
- 10 Web design trends you can expect to see in 2016
- This Chrome extension blocks all mentions of Donald Trump
- A look forward: New Year’s resolutions from TNW’s marketing team
- Ashley Madison’s 4 million new users aren’t evidence of a turnaround
- Quitting isn’t the same as failing
From beyond The Next Web
- Jolla announces that it is unable to fulfill all Jolla Tablet crowdfunding perks [Neowin]
- How Jeff Bezos aims to conquer the next “trillion-dollar market” [Fortune]
- With Startup Pileup, 2016 Tech IPOs Will Face Tough Investors [Bloomberg Business]
- Egypt Suspends Facebook’s ‘Free Basics’ Service [WSJ Digits]
- Uber’s No-Holds-Barred Expansion Strategy Fizzles in Germany [The New York Times]