Sometimes, I tell you here how it’s Monday morning and that despite the weekend being firmly behind you, we’ll bring you the best in tech news to help ease you into the week ahead.
Well, we will – your regular tech catch-up is just below – I just won’t lie to you and pretend it’s as good as lounging around in bed or catching up on box sets. You wouldn’t respect me for lying to you, and I wouldn’t respect you for believing it.
Ever been to a tech festival?
TNW Conference won best European Event 2016 for our festival vibe. See what's in store for 2017.
That said, if you have to be sat in the office/on a train/in a waiting room, there are worse ways to spend 15 minutes, so start reading already.
News from The Next Web
- Twitch’s next live community challenge: install Arch Linux
- AOL’s Alto email app for Android channels Google’s Inbox and it’s actually pretty cool
- Amazon shutters Register, clearing the way for Square to dominate payment processing
- Uber cites harsh regulatory environment, pulls out of three German cities
- PSA: The new Apple TV remote might shatter if you drop it
- Slack overhauls user profiles, adds unlimited customization
Good reads, features, reviews
- Review: Apple’s 4K iMac has a gorgeous display, but may leave power users wanting more
- Starting a podcast for people who don’t want their lives taken over by podcasting
- How to find more time to learn something new
- How big data and The Sims are helping us to build the cities of the future
- 20 creative ways of using Evernote
- Instagram wants to be a little like Snapchat with new explore feature
- Macaw’s code-savvy Web design tool will help make your site shine
- How Italy used its ‘World’s Fair’ to showcase some of its most innovative startups
- Secure storage for life with SkyHub Cloud 1TB backup (88% off)
- How to actually work a four-day week
- 9 ways tech is transforming the developing world
- How to draw a better alien (and be a more creative writer)
- The beauty and brilliance of 3 amazing kinds of GIFs
From beyond The Next Web
- Samsung Sells More Phones — But For Less Money [The Wall Street Journal]
- Battle Heats Up Over Exports of Surveillance Technology [The New York Times]
- QVC: The unlikely juggernaut of mobile shopping [Washington Post]
Read next: Hillary Clinton is (・_・ヾ by emoji