The weekend is over and Monday morning is here.
But rather than working out how many minutes at your desk it is until next weekend, why not catch up on everything you missed from the world of tech while you were doing other things?
Ever been to a tech festival?
TNW Conference won best European Event 2016 for our festival vibe. See what's in store for 2017.
So, make yourself a drink, put your phone on silent and spend 15 minutes perusing the best tech news from the last two days.
News from The Next Web
- Phhhoto launches on Android for more animated camera goodness
- Microsoft says no Edge browser add-ons until 2016
- The Walking Dead: No Man’s Land zombie game arriving for Android just in time for Halloween
- ‘Alexa, find me a nearby Chinese restaurant’: Amazon Echo now gives you local business info
- Goat Simulator and I Am Bread come together to form GoatBread
- YouTube’s Music Key beta will end next month, leaving non-US users in the lurch
- Now you can 3D print using beer
Features, good reads, reviews, distractions, deals and more
- Anki’s new robot car racing game totally blew me away by bridging the digital and real world
- Tesla’s autopilot was too risky to be a simple software update
- How Microsoft’s secret user onboarding process fooled us all
- This forum thread from the original iPod launch shows why technology predictions are pointless
- The best thing about El Capitan is that it makes iOS better
- TalkTalk’s incompetence over hacking is actually making us more security savvy
- Startup stories: Mitch Wainer of DigitalOcean explains how he got accepted to Techstars
- The Dark Web isn’t as revolutionary as you’d think
- 25 apps for digital nomads, corporate escapists and loony adventurers
- The productive person’s guide to serendipity
- How practicing mindfulness can lead to better decision-making
- Enter sugar snake: Hands-on with MEL Science’s next-gen chemistry kit
- The Sound Step Lightning 2 Bluetooth speaker: Impressive sound and genuine portability
- This vending machine prints short stories to read instead of looking at your phone
- How one entrepreneur bounced back from a failed retail startup to disrupt real estate
- Become a programmer with the Interactive Coding Bootcamp
- 9 wacky, wonderful iOS keyboards make routine typing a blast
From beyond The Next Web
- Facebook’s Internet for All Is a Tough Sell in India [The New York Times]
- Facebook’s Zuckerberg Shows Off Improved Chinese With 22-Minute Speech [The Wall Street Journal]
- Thinking Outside of Pandora’s Box [Startups and Shit]