Weekends are a joyous two-day retreat away from the everyday hustle and bustle of your working life, but relaxing/exciting/enjoyable/regrettable as they often are, two days away from your computer does leave you a little out of the loop.
Luckily for you, we’ve put together a list of everything that happened in the world of tech across the weekend so you don’t end up looking stupid. It’s OK, you can thank us at the end.
Right now, all you need to do is make yourself a drink, silence your phone and catch up on everything you missed while you weren’t paying attention.
News from The Next Web
- This Japanese paper drone weighs just 1oz and flies like an origami bird
- Moovit brings its crowdsourced public transit mapping service to India, starting with Bangalore
- Amazon takes 1,114 fake reviewers to court
- Facebook Israel vandalised after refusing to take down anti-semitic pages
- Here’s the first official video of BlackBerry’s Android Priv phone
Good reads, features, reviews, deals, distractions and more
- I’m addicted to loadingicons
- The weaponization of the humble hashtag
- Perfect your creations with the Dream Design Bundle – pay what you want!
- How the media chewed me up and spat me out after I blogged about witnessing a mass murder
- Review: Beam thinks it can make dental health less painful via an app (and it may be right)
- Why Spain needs the sharing economy
- Want to do PR right? Here’s what not to do
- This is what happens when 30,000 people try to compose a single song (it’s pretty good!)
- Best podcasts about data science
- Why politics needs more Twitter beef
- How to take a great author photo
- LAST CHANCE! Scrivener is the perfect toolkit for creative and long-form writers — 56% off
- Just Press Record may be the voice recording app you’ve been looking for
- Google, micro-learning & the future of education
From beyond The Next Web
- Publishers Straddle the Apple-Google, App-Web Divide [The New York Times]
- Google acquires 360-degree photography startup Digisfera to beef up Street View [Venture Beat]
- The deals that made daily fantasy take off [The Wall Street Journal]