The weekend is over, it’s true, but Monday doesn’t need to be a dark harbinger of a difficult week ahead – it can also be your chance to catch up on everything you missed while you were out having fun over the weekend.
So make yourself a coffee, put your phone on silent and spend 10 minutes catching up on all the best tech news, features and more that you’ve missed from the last two days.
News from The Next Web
- Citymapper’s ‘Project Istanbul’ will help it bring excellent transit navigation to more cities
- Mark Zuckerberg addresses the UN, declaring universal internet access a global priority
- Twitch reveals it will convert its streaming video to HTML5 next year
- Dropbox releases its chat app Zulip under an open-source license
- Ola mobile taxi app releases its API to popular brands and developers
- Hipstamatic launches massive upgrade to its iOS photo app just in time for the iPhone 6s
- UberEVENTS lets party planners send guests free or discounted Uber rides
- GIF for Mac makes all the GIFs easy to reach from your menu bar
Good reads, features, reviews, deals, distractions and more
- Unhappy with your career? It’s time to stop hustling
- Facebook has built a parallel universe for journalists… and it’s just like Twitter
- Get the skills for an online security career: The iCollege IT Security & Management Bundle
- Why I’m going to pay for Apple Music, Spotify AND Google Play Music
- Web design and dev coding bundle roundup: Learn to code at a fraction of course cost
- 7 lessons learned from organizing a hackathon
- 5 cognitive biases that are killing your decisions
- What I learned from writing over 800,000 words in two years
- Native apps for watchOS 2 aren’t perfect, but they’re far better than what we had
From beyond The Next Web
- India Replaces China as Next Big Frontier for U.S. Tech Companies [The New York Times]
- Virtual Reality as a Therapy Tool [The Wall Street Journal]
- Mobile Web Is Top Of Funnel, Mobile App Is Bottom Of Funnel [AVC.com]
- PS Vita successor unlikely, given mobile gaming climate, says Sony studios boss [Polygon]
“We're hunting for awesome startups”
Run an early-stage company? We're inviting 250 to exhibit at TNW Conference and pitch on stage!
So, there you have it, the biggest news and features from the last two days. Of course, if you fear missing out in the future, you can always subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.