Monday moring is upon us and the weekend is a pleasant but fading memory. And it’s only just now that you’ve realized that you missed all the best tech news, reviews, features and more from across the weekend.
Luckily for you, we’ve got it covered, and it’s here in one handy list for your perusal. So, make yourself a coffee, silence your phone and spend a few minutes catching up.
News from The Next Web
- Jeff Bezos responds to attack on Amazon’s employment practices
- The force is strong with this limited edition Darth Vader-inspired PS4
- Researchers seek to ease the pain of two-factor authentication via background sound
- Huge virtual reality entertainment center debuts in Australia
- UK councillor wants armed drones to kill seagulls
- RIP Blingee, the pioneer of the sparkly GIF
- Qualcomm’s upcoming Snapdragon 820 chip promises better mobile photos
- You can now integrate emails into your Slack channel
“This event was off the charts”
Gary Vaynerchuk was so impressed with TNW Conference 2016 he paused mid-talk to applaud us.
Features, reviews, good reads, deals and more
- My life as an autistic Wikipedian
- You can finally restore your lost files, contacts and calendars from iCloud
- Review: Flir One thermal camera is all you need to see through the darkness
- Apple’s refusal to allow paid upgrades in the Mac App Store hurts developers and users
- How to beat anxiety without medication
- Amazon may well be the most evil company in technology and Jeff Bezos should be ashamed
- How to hack creativity
- 11 important metrics for app monetization and how to calculate them
- Why you should hire digital nomads
- How the government can spy on you, and what you can do about it
- This is what sex looks like to your fitness tracker… and yes, Reddit is being weird about it
- How to work together
- The ‘sharing’ economy is just futuristic feudalism, talk more about the have-nots
From beyond TNW
- Inside Amazon: Wrestling Big Ideas in a Bruising Workplace [The New York Times]
- We’re Fighting Killer Robots the Wrong Way [The Wall Street Journal]
- Is Tinder really creating a ‘dating apocalypse’? [The Guardian]
So, there you have it, the biggest news and features from the last two days. Of course, if you fear missing out in the future, you can always subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.