If you’re lamenting the speedy departure of the weekend, then consider this for a minute: While you were outside frolicking in the park, a whole world of tech news and features passed you by.
Luckily for you, we’ve corralled them into one handy list just for you. So, make yourself a coffee, clear ten minutes in your schedule and peruse everything you missed from the last two days at your leisure.
News from The Next Web
- Websites are looking weird because Web font service TypeKit is down
- John Oliver on the Indian porn ban: Make watching it mandatory
- Dreamify for Android creates trippy images from your photos using Google’s Deep Dream tech
- This Is My Jam is shutting down next month, but your curated tunes will play on
- Miaow! PawSquad’s video service for UK pets brings a virtual vet into your home
- Google aims for $30 smartphones as it prepares to relaunch Android One in India
- Carphone Warehouse reveals data breach affecting up to 2.4m customers
- Banana-na! A startup is using Minions language to help fight hunger
- Can your ear help you get pregnant? Meet the YONO wearable
- Grilled cheese sandwiches by mail: There’s now a subscription service for that
Good reads, features, deals, distractions
- Reddit is not like Speakers’ Corner: IRL people have to own their hateful ideas
- 9 clever ways to automate your small business with IFTTT
- How Tweetbot led me to a favorite new font and ruined all the other apps I use
- How to start a business (right now!) with less than $20
- Get lost in this dreamy video of Mars from the European Space Agency
- Moodnotes for iOS is a journaling app that could replace your therapist
- What we learned from marketing to 2 million teenagers
- 4 ways to build a defensible business
- How can Facebook bring its live video feature to the masses? Messenger
- Dear Microsoft: When will the Surface get an external graphics dock?
- 10 reasons to use a new domain extension for your business
- How to stop hackers from stealing your information on public Wi-Fi
- A tweet in 1988? Amiga World magazine predicted Twitter 18 years ahead of time
- When a great internet friend dies, their spirit echoes on in everything you do
- When feedback becomes dangerous
News from beyond The Next Web
- Harvest of Facebook user data prompts calls for tighter privacy settings [The Guardian]
- Eyeglasses with Face Un-Recognition Function to Debut in Japan [The Wall Street Journal]
- Dick Costolo is said to plan departure from Twitter’s board [The New York Times]
Do you want to be a cryptocurrency millionaire?
Don't get your hopes up.
So, there you have it, the biggest news and features from the last two days. Of course, if you fear missing out in the future, you can always subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.