Monday morning is upon us once again and the weekend is a quickly fading memory – but don’t worry, we’ve got a booster pack of all the best tech news from the last two days to get your week going.
All you need to do is clear a little time in your schedule, make yourself a coffee and check out the list below.
“This event was off the charts”
Gary Vaynerchuk was so impressed with TNW Conference 2016 he paused mid-talk to applaud us.
You can thank us when you’re finished.
News from The Next Web
- Millions of adulterers could be exposed as cheaters’ social network Ashley Madison faces data breach
- Microsoft reportedly acquires cloud security firm Adallom for $320 million
- PocketRocket helps you slim down your Pocket account by emailing and archiving articles
- Google updates Play Books for Android with UI tweaks and improved recommendations
- Facebook’s Oculus partners with Felix & Paul Studios to craft VR experiences for its Rift launch
- Over 4.5m records exposed as UCLA Health and CVS Health’s photo service hacked
- Microsoft is adding party chat, game footage sharing and more to its Xbox One app for Windows 10
- Apple’s iPod Nanos and Shuffles reportedly won’t sync Apple Music songs
- Rejoice! Spam rate hits 12-year low
- Yahoo files with SEC to spin off its shares of Alibaba into a new public company
Good reads, features, reviews, deals
- Why we expanded our startup to South Korea
- 11 of the most helpful communities on Reddit
- The connected home needs HomeKit and Project Brillo as soon as possible
- Code school or university?
- The start of a new career? Get 88% off the Network Engineer’s Learning Bundle
- Meeting culture needs to die
- 5 ways being wrong makes you right
- This 4K video of Iceland is flippin’ gorgeous
- Why Y Combinator alum Themidgame is heading back to Chile
- 10 Photoshop alternatives offer powerful editing and photo management controls
- How to make a living with WordPress
- No one wants to protect your privacy
- Engineers meet artists: Discover the startup ecosystem in Bristol and Bath
From beyond The Next Web
- Ad tech is killing the online experience [The Guardian]
- The No Hands Syndrome [AVC.com]
- At Zappos, Pushing Shoes and a Vision [The New York Times]