If you spent the weekend offline, hanging out with friends, eating pizza and otherwise enjoying yourself, Monday morning is probably a bit of an unwelcome shock.
Luckily for you, we’ve put together all the best tech news and features from across the weekend in one handy list, just in case you missed anything. Thoughtful, aren’t we?
Win a trip to Amsterdam!
We've teamed up with Product Hunt to offer you the chance to win an all expense paid trip to TNW Conference 2017!
All you need to do is clear 15 minutes in your schedule and make yourself a coffee.
News from The Next Web
- Google reportedly to add ‘buy’ buttons to mobile search results
- Taylor Swift nabs Twitter’s first celebrity custom emoji #BadBloodMusicVideo
- Apple has acquired high-precision GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- InboxVudu’s Chrome extension makes a real-time to-do list from your most important emails
- Demonii refuses to be censored after being forced to axe over 10,000 torrent hashes
- Yahoo Mail is down (again) for a lot of people *Update: It’s back!*
- Xiaomi will start selling Power Banks, headphones and fitness trackers in the UK, US, France and Germany on May 19
- Microsoft cuts carriers out of deciding when you get Windows 10 Mobile updates
- Oculus Rift drops Mac and Linux, targets Windows PCs only
- Chinese military bars smartwatches, smart glasses and internet-connected wearables
- Adblockers are immoral and mobile networks should know better
- The secret to building startup buzz online
- I switched from a MacBook Pro to a Chromebook Pixel 2. Here’s what happened…
- Planning an Apple Watch app? Here’s a UI kit in PSD and Sketch format
- Why Facebook doesn’t like your brand
- How to survive the entrepreneurial rollercoaster
- The no nonsense guide to networking
- The psychology behind color
- Why millennials don’t want you to talk like them
- It’s a fart joke, but unlike anything you’ve heard before
- The Light Phone is a credit card-sized phone designed to be used as little as possible
- What would be your name if you were born today?
- SpaceX is inviting us to Mars with some retro travel posters
- This week’s top TNW Deals in one place
From beyond The Next Web
- Alibaba Sued Over Alleged Counterfeits [The Wall Street Journal]
- Steve Jobs’ vision for Apple realized as iPhones reveal injustice, says Tim Cook [The Guardian]
So, there you have it, the biggest news and features from the last two days. Of course, if you fear missing out in the future, you can always subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.