If you live in the UK or US, you’re probably returning to work today having just enjoyed a luxurious four-day long weekend. It can be a painful bump back to reality, but just think yourself lucky that at least you only have a short week ahead.
Of course, if you went away for the weekend, or spent it lolling around with friends and family, then there’s a whole bunch you missed while you weren’t paying attention.
“This event was off the charts”
Gary Vaynerchuk was so impressed with TNW Conference 2016 he paused mid-talk to applaud us.
All you need to do though is make yourself a drink and spend a few minutes catching up on our bumper list of the best news and features from The Next Web and beyond over the bank holiday weekend. For readers outside the UK, you just get an extra long weekend catchup, so it’s win-win.
News from The Next Web
- Evernote for iOS Gets New Camera And Apple Watch Features
- Facebook is Shutting Down Access to Hashtags in its API
- Get 91% off the Linux Learner Bundle
- HBO is Replying to Tweets from Three Years Ago
- Watch a Free Episode of HBO’s ‘Silicon Valley’ on Twitch
- Skype and Skype Qik Updates Add New Languages and Emojis
- Vine for Windows Phone Gets Loop Counts and New Edit Tools
- AppleCare+ for the Apple Watch Will Cost $59, $79 or $999
- Apple Watch Preorders Start at 12:01 a.m. PDT on April 10
- Sling TV Goes International, Rebrands DishWorld Under Sling
- Apple Has Uploaded Tour Videos for Its Watch’s Features
- OxygenOS Arrives for OnePlus One Smartphone Owners
- Top Deals from TNW This Week
- Snapchat Swaps Best Friends List for Friends Emojis
- Microsoft Turns 40
- Roku Updates Streaming Players, Reveals New Search and Feed
- Indian Fashion Retailer Myntra is Going Mobile-only On May 1
- Google Ventures-backed Bitcoin Trading Site Buttercoin Closing
- This App Lets You Control Presentations with Your Hand
- Back to Bed Is a Beautifully Dark iOS Puzzler and It’s Free Now
- Twitter and YouTube Blocked Again In Turkey
- Apple Maps Adds Reviews from Booking.Com and Tripadvisor
- Intel’s $150 PC-in-a-Dongle Is Now for Sale, Ships April 24
- Hulu Launched a GIF Search Site for Images from Its Shows
- EE Switches On Wi-Fi Calling for Customers with Compatible Phones
- Madonna to Premiere New Video on Meerkat, Forgets Tidal
- Honor 6 Plus: A Picture-perfect Android Phablet
- Watch This: What Makes a Great Company Great? Culture.
- How VisaEase Helped Me Get One Step Closer to US Citizenship
- Thomas Kuhn’s The Structure of Scientific Revolutions Review
- 9 Lessons From Products That Went To Market Too Soon
- Why Twitter Is (Still) A Business’ Best Friend
- How Brazil’s SEED Lost Track and Why it Matters
- Review: LG’s G Flex 2 Makes Me Want More Curved Phones
- Why We Act Irrationally: What Drives Our Senseless Habits
- A 6-Step Survival Guide For Non-Technical Founders
- Healthy Uses of Tech in Your Morning Routine
- 25 of the Best Typefaces from March 2015
- Bounce’s London Taxi App Shows Promise but Needs More Drivers
- Assumption is the Mother of All… Problems
- Build to Learn: Why You Should Make Things No One Will Use
- Apple iOS8 v Android 5.1 – Which Is Best?
- The Science Behind Finding Your Best Profile Picture
- Can Google Un-Break Google Glass?
- 11 Ways To Maximize Engagement On Your Tweets
- 5 Lessons on Being Wrong
- Better Call Lowell: Ted Cruz, Disney World and Net Neutrality
- The Art Of Being Genuine In Customer Relationships
- John Oliver Interviews Snowden On Government Spying
From beyond The Next Web
- Planes Without Pilots [The New York Times]
- Microsoft at middle age – Opening Windows [The Economist]
- Judge: It’s OK to Serve Divorce Papers Via Facebook [The Wall Street Journal]
- Nintendo Needs to Deflate the Amiibo Bubble—Now [Wired]
- In praise of the mechanical keyboard [Fusion]
So, there you have it, the biggest news and features from the last four days – the whole long weekend covered, just for you.