Christmas is over. Well, not officially, but we’re straddling that odd period between saying goodbye to the past year and welcoming in a new one.
So while you’re still working through the leftovers and recovering from the shock of spending quite so much uninterrupted time with extended family, it’s time to catch up on the best of the tech news and features that you missed in a special edition of our offline over the weekend posts.
Win a trip to Amsterdam!
We've teamed up with Product Hunt to offer you the chance to win an all expense paid trip to TNW Conference 2017!
All you need to do is stop trying to get through the endless emails in your inbox, make yourself a coffee and spend 15 minutes or so catching up on everything you missed from the last four days. You’re welcome.
News from The Next Web over Christmas
- Samsung Shuts Its Flagship London Store
- You Can Now Stream The Interview from YouTube and Others
- Facebook Pages Are Getting an Updated Video Section
- This Instant Camera Will Print Images On A Receipt Paper Roll
- Facebook Faces Class Action Lawsuit Over Message Scanning
- Playstation Network and Xbox Live Down Since Christmas [It’s back!]
- Twitter’s New iOS Analytics Disappeared on Christmas Eve
- Kodak Is Announcing an Android Smartphone at CES
- The Interview is Now Available on iTunes
- Kim Dotcom Will Soon Launch an Encrypted Video Call Service
- China’s Christmas Present To Google? Blocking Gmail
- 60 of the Best Android Apps Launched in 2014
- TNW’s Apps of the Year: Our Favorite Apps of 2014
- What Do Your Mobile Habits Say About You?
- The Psychology of Handling Criticism
- Oppo N3 Review: Good Phone, Better Selfies
- 5 Clever Movie Poster Redesigns
- 23 Of The Best New Photo and Video Apps Launched in 2014
- How-to Build a Personal Ecosystem From Scratch
- 5 Social Brands That Defy Best Practices
From beyond The Next Web
- Prying Eyes: Inside the NSA’s War on Internet Security [Der Spiegel]
- And 2014’s Worst Currency Was…Bitcoin [Bloomberg]
- The Webcam Hacking Epidemic [The Atlantic]
- Yahoo Directory Closes, Five Days Early [Search Engine Land]
- Meet Lizard Squad, the Hackers Who Ruined Christmas for Gamers Worldwide [Daily Dot]
So, there you have it, the biggest news and features since Christmas. Of course, if you fear missing out in the future, you can always subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.
Featured image credit: Shutterstock