Windsurfing. Kayaking. Exploring ancient ruins. Sitting in the pub. There are lots of ways to spend your weekend away from work, but while you’re busy relaxing and forgetting about the strains of the day job, you’re not paying attention to the latest and greatest happenings in technology.
So make yourself a drink, silence your phone and spend a few minutes celebrating the 300th day of the year by catching up on all the best technology news and features from The Next Web and beyond from the last two days.
News from The Next Web
- Hailo Chairman: ‘Uber Can Spend Money Like Drunken Sailors’
- PS4 Share Play: Video Walk-Through
- Chrome and Firefox Flagging Bit.ly Links as Malware
- US Retailers Disabling NFC Readers to Block Apple Pay
- Twitter Acquires Twitpic’s Photo Archive to Keep It Alive
- National Park or Bird? Flickr Knows For Sure
- Creatic Lets You Crowdshare Presets to Build Unique Images
- Skybox For Good Gives Charities Access To Satellite Imagery
- The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Social Media
- Do You Think Like an Entrepreneur?
- 10 Awesome Beer Label Designs
- Identity-Based Habits: How to Actually Stick to Your Goals
- 8 Ways to Delight and Reward Your Email Subscribers
- 23 Seldom-Used Ideas for Utilizing Twitter Lists
- Increase Your ROI by Exploiting the Competition
From beyond The Next Web
- Silicon Valley Startup Unveils Internet-connected Smart Guns for Cops [Ars Technica]
- How Magic Leap’s Augmented Reality Works [MIT Technology Review]
- How Facebook Is Changing the Way Its Users Consume Journalism [The New York Times]
Have you visited TNW's hype-free blockchain and cryptocurrency news site yet?
It's called Hard Fork.
So, there you have it, the biggest news and features from the last two days. Of course, if you fear missing out in the future, you can always subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.
Image credit: Shutterstock