Easy website creation service Weebly is unveiling a new offering that will enable users to create their own e-commerce site. This product includes a mobile store and checkout, filtered search capability, an advanced way to display merchandise, and an integrated shopping cart.
Today’s news comes as the company shared some new statistics, including 20 million sites created on its platform so far and over 30,000 active online stores bringing in $13 million in sales each month.
Do you want to be a cryptocurrency millionaire?
Don't get your hopes up.
Seemingly not content with just letting its users integrate e-commerce services from PayPal, Stripe, and third-party payment providers, Weebly is letting anyone develop their own online marketplace. Company Chief Product Officer Dan Veltri brags that Weebly’s e-commerce product is akin to what you might find at Amazon.
Here’s the complete list of features that Weebly e-Commerce includes:
- Ability to sell to shoppers worldwide and accept major credit cards from anywhere
- Provide shopping and payment infrastructure that will work on mobile
- Filtered product search that allows shoppers to quickly find relevant products throughout the site
- High-quality display and merchandising
- Fully integrated shopping cart and checkout
- Ability to sell whatever they want
- Inventory management capabilities
- Flexible shipping options
Weebly is offering its e-commerce service to any customer through its free and premium plans, which range from $4 to $29 per month. The plans vary based on how many products you wish to sell — the free version allows up to five products.
The company isn’t the only service offering these capabilities — Shopify also gives users the ability to create well-designed and managed ecommerce websites, although its pricing is higher than Weebly and also charges for credit card payments.
Interestingly, today’s announcement comes as Wix, one of its competitors, is making its IPO debut.
Photo credit: Joe Raedle/Getty Images