Whether the sun is shining, the snow is gently floating to the ground or rain keeps you locked away indoors, weekends are a time for stepping back and switching off. But not for us.
If you spent the weekend relaxing (what do you think you were doing, there’s tech news happening!?) don’t fret because we’ve got all the tech news from the last 48 hours covered in one handy roundup below.
News from over the weekend:
- WeChat, China’s Facebook, is Going Global
- WordPress Powers 18.9% of the Web, Has 46M Downloads, Says Mullenweg
- Microsoft Launches Third White Spaces Pilot in Africa
- Twitter UK Head Responds to Abuse Report Concerns
- Keep your Users Happy When they Log Into your App
- Mysterious Instagram Fruit Hack Returns
- 10 Common Startup Ideas That Haven’t Broken Through… Yet
- Five Things You Should Know About Typography
- Why Kickstarter Can’t Replace Traditional Investors
- 12 Apps to Increase your Productivity this Summer
From beyond The Next Web:
- Car Key Immobiliser Hack Revelations Blocked by UK Court [BBC]
- Edward Snowden is not the Story. The Fate of the Internet Is [Guardian]
- Not Even Silicon Valley Escapes History – [The Atlantic]
- Insight: How Samsung is Beating Apple in China [Reuters]
Ever been to a tech festival?
TNW Conference won best European Event 2016 for our festival vibe. See what's in store for 2017.
Featured Image Credit – Thinkstock