If you’ve been offline for the weekend, we’ve got you covered — check out what happened in the world of Internet and technology and take part in the most interesting online discussions.
In the news
- A new Trojan variant has Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 in its sights and uses Google Docs as a proxy to communicate with its server.
- Netflix has announced that its service is now available on the Wii U home screen.
- FaceTime and iMessage went down for several hours over the weekend.
- U.S. Rep. Zoe Lofgren intends to tap Reddit for new legislative ideas.
- Microsoft expects both Windows Phone 7.8 and Windows Phone 8 to “exist for quite some time.”
- Hacktivist group Anonymous has claimed to have leaked the personal information of over 3,000 individuals who are said to have donated to pro-Israel group, Unity Coalition for Israel.
Reads and discussions
- How London’s Tech City will help solve youth unemployment
- Eight companies that hope to democratize finance in Latin America
- When is it time to stop calling yourself a freelancer and become an entrepreneur?
- Get productive! Ten workflow apps to enhance your productivity
- Port of call: Airbnb’s Android app creators discuss reworking iOS apps for other platforms
- Kim Dotcom’s plan to give New Zealanders free internet could just work
Good reads from elsewhere
- Apple Can Finish What Microsoft’s Sinofsky Started [MondayNote]
- Into the vault: the operation to rescue Manhattan’s drowned internet [The Verge]
- Disruptions: A $1 Billion Start-Up Might Not Be So Fun [New York Times]
- Romney campaign got its IT from Best Buy, Staples, and friends [ArsTechnica]
- Entrepreneurshit. The Blog Post on What It’s Really Like [Both Sides of the Table]
Win a trip to Amsterdam!
We've teamed up with Product Hunt to offer you the chance to win an all expense paid trip to TNW Conference 2017!
Image credit: trophygeek / Flickr.