Look who's speaking
About the event
To kick off the evening, speaker Jack Tanner will dive into blockchain consensus. He'll explain how several mainstream blockchains come to a distributed consensus, and the characteristics of each of these methods. His talk will cover:
- Proof of Work - Bitcoin case study
- Proof of Stake - NXT and Ethereum case study
- Delegated Proof of Stake - EOS case study
- Proof of Authority - Ripple case study. He might talk about LPOS (Tezos), POI (NEM), or DAGs (IOTA) if there's time.
- Block commitment rounds - Bitcoin, EOS, Cosmos case study
After Tanner's talk, Bart van Maarseveen will discuss the Komodo consensus algorithm, called Delayed Proof of Work. This is an innovative interchain mechanism which continuously secures blockchains into Komodo and Bitcoin, and secures smaller and independent blockchains by recycling Bitcoin’s hash rate.
You should receive an email with information on how to host your own event during the Hard Fork Summit within 10 minutes in your inbox. If not, check your spam folder or contact us via [email protected]