SHARE YOUR STORY
SPEAK AT #HARDFORK2018
Speakers at Hard Fork Decentralized drive the industry forward. We're exploring our decentralized future and the goal is to bring the next wave of users to the blockchain.
We’re hosting a series of roundtables, fireside chats, duo presentations and panel discussions throughout the city of London.
If you’re a thought leader with a great story to tell, we want to hear from you. Read more about our guidelines to learn how you can apply to speak at Hard Fork Decentralized.
THE SPEAKER GUIDE
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Before you dive in, please understand that we've setup this process to structure our workflow and to get a good overview of sessions proposed in order to make an educated decision. Email is just not efficient and actually undoable. We look at each and every submission and we will get back to you within a week or two (latest Nov 9th).
We live in unprecedented, highly volatile and sensitive times when it comes to blockchain, crypto and the communications around it. We're looking for content that excites, inspires and cuts the BS, content that resonates.
Alright, let’s get down to the details.
Who should tell the story?
When submitting your idea for a session at Hard Fork Decentralized the suggested speakers you'll bring along will play a huge part in the success of your proposal. Does your speaker line-up consist of the following?
- Industry leaders and recognized experts in the space.
- C-level executives.
- Seasoned moderators or interviewers.
Each session should have between 2-4 speakers from different companies or organizations. Also think about diversity, we love to see sessions that represent the world at large.
What is the story you want to tell?
We’re mainly interested in engaging stories and discussions. When writing your application, think about why your story matters, the value it provides the audience, and how your story will be remembered. Consider your end goal – is it to inspire, engage, motivate, or raise awareness? (If your goal is to promote a product or deliver a sales pitch, we’re not interested).
Make sure that your content fits into one of the following themes:
- Blockchain and dApps
Pay close attention to the title and abstract of your session. First impressions matter and you want to ensure that it stands out from the crowd. It should be engaging and present a (single) clear idea or message.
Overall, your session should be inspirational, futuristic, actionable, and/or educational.
Which format suits your story best?
You can present your story in several ways:
An informal conversation or interview between two people that reveals new stories from speakers.
A live discussion about a specific topic or trend amongst a selected group of panelists (max 3), hosted by a professional moderator.
Host your own focus groups via an intimate table conversation. Get to know guests and talk with them about the trends and topics on your organization's mind. There is no better way to hear from your audience or work with them.
A presentation by two people optionally backed with visuals.
When can I submit?
Right now! Go for it. We’ll close submissions on November 6th, and review on a rolling basis. Just make sure to read the fine print before submitting.
The fine print
- All speakers receive a complimentary business pass (valued at £1999) to Hard Fork Decentralized, with access to all sessions and The Exchange.
- There is no charge to speak.
- When selected, the costs covering the logistics (travel, accommodation, etc.) are covered by the speakers themselves.
- Content has to be original, new or adjusted for this event.
- Each session can have a maximum of one person per organization (we like collaborations and different views).
- Successful proposals are chosen based on the proposed idea and speakers suggested. Changes in subject or speakers have to go through the content team and may lead to session deletion.
- Spaces are limited and some proposals may be offered a slot in a different format or stage than originally applied for.
- Once offers are accepted, speakers and session content confirmed, we will announce the speakers on the website.
OK, I’m ready!
Cool, we can’t wait to read your application.
Some of our speakers
We'll send you updates about TNW2019.
We'll send you updates about Hardfork Decentralized and let you know as soon as tickets go on sale.