You may not have wads of cash to spend on marketing in the early stages of your startup, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t effective ways to get your brand out there.
Before the emergence of the Internet, small businesses only had a few ways to market their products cheaply. They advertised through methods like printing out fliers or sponsoring little local events. Now, there are all kinds of opportunities out there on the Web—you just need to know where to look.
In this post, you will find unique and creative ways that can bring you great exposure without paying or asking for favors from investors.
All of the ways described below are in addition to the common ways that are mandatory such as:
– Create a fan page on every available social network that exists today
– Build a beautiful and friendly site with a blog that contains valuable content to users containing keywords with low competition. Also, if you have very few searches (if we add the entire amount of searches non-competitive words), it can bring a very high quantity of traffic to your site or app. You will succeed that way. Without paying at all, let the public work for you and promote you, even when you sleep. You will certainly wake up with a smile!
- Comment on Facebook pages of celebrities and pages with many fans – Leave comments on Facebook pages of known artists and politicians or popular pages in your niche. Let your comment be nice and ensure that it contains a link to your site. For example, the Facebook page of Donald lift has over 22 million fans. This means that in all his post there is millions of eyes; those eyes will also see your comment!
The rate of exposure to the pages of Facebook activists that have ENGAGEMENT is very high and can reach up to 50% exposure and higher. This is great for you because if you comment on dozens of pages that have accumulated millions of fans, your message will most likely reach millions of people and these people will get familiar with your startup. You may also find people that are interested in your startup.
Of course, Facebook is not the only social network; this model works wonders on other social networks as well. Use this method on many social networks and watch your startup gain fast exposure.
- Meet NEARME.LIFE – This is a new brilliant start-up that reveals secret and hidden deals which are not seen elsewhere. Only 10% of businesses reveal their prices online so that all other sales and offers are not visible to us, but beyond that, this platform connects potential buyers to business owners. NearMe has developed a spider that crawls the web and scans the entire web to scrape prices and relevant information. It transmits relevant information to its huge database for verification and monitoring. Many business owners have added their businesses to NearMe which enables businesses to enjoy free advertising for life. So, create a business page there, attach the links to your site and social networks and let NearMe take care of the rest.
Give a review on every purchase – For instance, when you buy something on eBay, Amazon or any other marketplace or platform where you have the option to write a review after buying, simply write a nice comment like “Thank you for the product/service from John – SEO Services – Rank your site first on google with www.seojohn.com”
Ask all your friends and family, to respond to every purchase they made – Major shopping sites have millions of visitors always sifting through the reviews before they make an order. It will be enough even if only 30 people from your community will always respond to every purchase they make. This will have a great buzz for your startup
- Use classified ad sites – Classified ad sites like Craigslist have hundreds of millions of visitors per month. You can publish periodical announcement with a beautiful image (You can create an image for free using power point, or simply search online for free image makers to create an amazing image) write a unique text with a link to your website and publish it in all the relevant categories.
- Create a crazy video – Special and strange videos will make a buzz. For example, a boss who starts dancing on the table or a cat that licks ice cream and other crazy and special videos will create that buzz that you need. What will distinguish anyone is to do something out of the ordinary or out of routine. With social networks, your message can reach millions of people in a short time.
People love unusual, natural, funny things and that’s what makes them share. So don’t be shy, think about that funny or crazy idea that so many will share and make a video out of it.
You’re not alone in the world, and you will probably compete. So it requires you to do anything, as long as it’s legal and moral, to attract the attention of the public.
Ultimately, these are your potential customers, which is what determines whether you will succeed.
This post is part of our contributor series. It is written and published independently of TNW.
Pssst, hey you!
Do you want to get the sassiest daily tech newsletter every day, in your inbox, for FREE? Of course you do: sign up for Big Spam here.