Ever since its creation, WordPress has started opening doors for so many people that either wish to start their own business, enhance their services, or simply start a blog to share their creativity with the world. Whatever the reason, the platform is there to offer huge prospects for all.
Have you ever seen a truly magnificent WordPress website design that inspired you and made you wish that your own site was just as skillfully crafted or optimized? Plugins are super useful for bringing improvements, but who has the time to manually search that huge WordPress directory? Luckily, there is a way to find out exactly what WordPress theme a website is using and its plugins in just a few simple steps. Let’s see what they are next.
1. If you would like to create your own website, I think it’s safe to assume that you’ve put quite some thought into what theme would be most appropriate for the type of services you are offering. And nothing is better than inspiration from someone you look up to. So the first thing you should have in mind is finding a website with a truly inspiring theme. A theme you would like to use yourself.
2. Secondly, direct your attention to the top of your browser page, where the address bar is usually located. You can see the URL of the page displayed there, in all its glory, and all you have to do is select and copy it to the clipboard.
Use a Great WordPress Theme Detector
3. The next thing to do in order to get the info you seek is getting the help of an online tool that will do all the work for you. WhoisWP is an example of such a tool. It conveniently works online, without having to install it, so all you have to do now, is go to whoiswp.com.
4. Right on the homepage of this website, you will see a cleverly placed search box. This is just the place to paste the link you have copied before.
5. The last step on the list is to hit the Search You can’t miss it, it’s right on the right of the search box you just used.
And that’s it! Now you can see every piece of information that might interest you, such as the theme’s name and version, the author’s website, and the active plugins on the respective website.
Congratulations! You should now be familiar with everything there is to know about the theme of your dreams. No more endless browsing the WordPress directory for that perfect theme or plugin. Thank God for the internet! In case the website you have chosen to work with is not powered by WordPress, WhoisWP will let you know so that you are aware and don’t waste your time wondering what went wrong. So have fun exploring! Now you should have more time to spend on doing your research to get your site up to snuff, so go establish your original enterprise and take over the world!
This post is part of our contributor series. It is written and published independently of TNW.