While many of you probably run your own self-hosted blog, there are still millions who run via sites hosted on Google’s Blogger product. For those of you who fall into the latter category, Blogger has released a batch of new templates for the asking:
Blogger mobile templates are mobile-optimized versions of our Template Designer templates. If you are using one of these templates, when you enable the mobile template option your blog will begin rendering using the mobile version of the same variant. Even if you are not using a Template Designer template, or using a heavily-customized version of one, you can still enable this feature to have your blog start rendering in a generic default mobile template that we have created.
What will you end up with? Something like this:
But these mobile themes aren’t just pretty faces. Oh no. You’ll get some great features too:
- Preview: Get a glimpse of how your blog will be displayed by clicking on the Mobile Preview button. You can also see it on your smartphone by scanning the QR-code.
- Automatic redirection: Viewers will see the mobile version of your blog when accessing from smartphones*.
- Template support: We are now supporting all 27 templates. Some gadgets are also supported**.
- Mobile ads: Mobile AdSense ads will be displayed at the top of the post pages and at the bottom of the index page if the blog has an AdSense gadget or in-line blog ads.
- Comments and videos: Viewers on smartphone devices will be able to make comments and watch videos.
This post is part of our contributor series. The views expressed are the author's own and not necessarily shared by TNW.
Read next: Microsoft Updates Bing Mobile