Writing about virtual reality is tricky as it’s really hard to convey the experience through simple text and 2D images. You really need to try it out to ‘get’ it, and now HTC wants to make it easier for people to do just that with its upcoming Vive headset.
The company is teaming up with Microsoft and GameStop so anyone can try out the headset right in-store. Currently, it’s only available in three Microsoft shops:
“We're hunting for awesome startups”
Run an early-stage company? We're inviting 250 to exhibit at TNW Conference and pitch on stage!
But will arrive in plenty others around the world later this month:
- Sydney, Westfield Sydney in Pitt Street Mall
- Scottsdale, Scottsdale Fashion Square
- Mission Viejo, The Shop at Mission Viejo
- Lone True, Park Meadows Mall
- Austin, The Domain
- Huntington Station, Walt Whitman Shops
- Cincinnati, Kenwood Towne Centre
- Orlando, Mall at Millenia
- Troy, The Somerset Collection
- Dallas, North Park Center
- Tampa, International Plaza
- King of Prussia, King of Prussia Mall
Meanwhile, GameStop will have the Vive on deck starting April 16 at these locations:
If you’ve been on the fence about ordering a headset, and are near one of these places, it’s worth giving it a go before you spend $800 of your hard-earned money.