150 cities, 300 city representatives
sharing insights on startup cities
On May 25, StartupAmsterdam and TNW will organise the second annual StartupCity Summit: an initiative to connect startup cities to their international counterparts to share insights and discuss the current and future role of local governments in rapid developing startup ecosystems. Through a hands-on approach and a focus on peer-to-peer learning, this event will help you develop strategies that will strengthen your ecosystem.
300 representatives of 150 startup cities throughout the world will be taking part of TNW StartupCity Summit 2018. Representatives include public officials and private stakeholders who take a leading position in building and strengthening their local startup-ecosystem. There will be representatives from established, upcoming and young startup cities.
Last year, the first edition of StartupCity Summit brought together 80 representatives of 45 international cities. Participating cities included Hong Kong, Taipei, Paris, Oslo, St Louis, Barcelona, Vilnius, Hyderabad and Cairo. Connections were made, policies and ideas exchanged and collaboration networks were set up.
This year we're inviting public officials and private stakeholders with the following profiles: (Deputy) Mayors, Directors Local Investment Agencies, City Officials Regional Economic Development, Civil servants responsible for Startup or Scale up policies, CEOs of StartupCity Programs, Smart City Officers, Leadership of Leading Incubators & accelerators etc.
What to expect?
18:00 - 23:00 Informal networking dinner | boat tour
10.00 - 12:30 Part 1 | Roundtable sessions
14:00 - 15:45 Part 2 | Keynotes
16:00 - 17:00 Side Program | Startup Pitch Sessions (collaboration with Startup in Residence)
Roundtable Session Topics:
1. Developing a StartupCity action program for your city
2. The city as a launching customer for startups
3. Activate corporates for your startup & tech ecosystem
4. How to get your ecosystem globally connected
5. Support start- and scale-ups scaling internationally
6. Attract, re- and upscale talent
7. Establish Inclusive Growth & flip side of tech (companies)
8. How to activate more startups in your local ecosystem
9. Push Female entrepreneurship in your StartupCity
10. Growing an ecosystem in 2nd tier StartupCity