The winners have been announced for Tech23, a startup conference held in Sydney late last month.
The winners of the big prizes are:
- Posse – Winner of People’s Vote for Best Tech23 Company.
- We Are Hunted– Winner of People’s Vote for the Best of Innovation Island Award (innovation island was a separate demo area for hand-picked startups)
Posse is a site that allows people to use their social network to to sell concert/event tickets to their peers in return for a commission. It’s been a massive hit for smaller bands looking to build audiences for their concerts. WeAreHunted is a site we’ve written about before that takes music discovery to the next level by using semantics and social monitoring to understand what we’re listening to and what we want to listen to. Tech23 was one of the first Australian events to bring together expertise and innovation as industry leaders met with the nation’s best and brightest tech innovators. 23 tech startups presented on the day with a handful being recognised for their potential. Tech23 event organiser Rachel Slattery said: “I am delighted with the success of Tech23. It proved an invaluable opportunity for the celebration of innovation and gave the industry a chance to recognize and support innovative companies working across Australia.”
Some of the other winners on the day included:
- Angusta Systems – Intelligent Device Convergence
- DDX – A leading development firm
- IPScape – Cloud-based contact centre provider
- QMCODES – Mobile Marketing Company
- Red Lizard Software – Provider of tools that perform code bug-testing at development time
Read next: Orange UK and Twitter Strike MMS Deal