Apple has launched its Best of 2012 section for the year, listing the top apps, iBooks, movies, music and TV Shows for the year. The section is an annual event that features both Editor’s Choices hand-picked by Apple and the top sellers in every category.
The iPhone App of the year in the US App Store is Action Movie FX, and the iPad App Of The Year is Paper by FiftyThreee. There are a host of secondary categories in the App Store that feature headings like Casual Games and Disruptive Services. The listings are different for every country it appears.
Among the top sub category picks are Airbnb for Disruptive Services, Mini Motor Racing for Casual Games, Lili for New Ways To Play, Ski Safari for Fun Runners, Vyclone for Photo & Video Magic and Clear for Intuitive Touch
Here is the top list of items:
Editor’s Choice iPhone
- Best Artist: Frank Ocean
- Best Album: Shields by Grizzly Bear
- Best Song: We are Young by Fun. and Janelle Monae
- Breakthrough Album: The Lumineers
- Best Blockbuster: The Avengers
- Best Director: Wes Anderson for Moonrise Kingdom
- Best Discovery: Beasts of the Southern Wild
- Best Star-Making Performance: Jennifer Lawrence in Hunger Games
- Best Show: Breaking Bad
- Best Episode: Homeland – The Weekend
- Best Debut: Girls
- Best Cast: Happy Endings
- Best Novel: The Dog Stars by Peter Heller
- Best Nonfiction: Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo
- Best Young Adult Novel: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Best Multi-Touch Book: Fashion by DK Publishing
You can see the new section in iTunes by clicking here.
Disclosure: This article contains an affiliate link. While we only ever write about products we think deserve to be on the pages of our site, The Next Web may earn a small commission if you click through and buy the product in question. For more information, please see our Terms of Service.
Pssst, hey you!
Do you want to get the sassiest daily tech newsletter every day, in your inbox, for FREE? Of course you do: sign up for Big Spam here.