In addition, this update also addresses issues relating saving files to a server, to copying files to a “SMB server” and device compatibility with “certain British 3rd party keyboards.” System fixes aside, this update also includes Safari 5.1.6., which disables old versions of Flash for security reasons.
This update disables Adobe Flash Player if it is older than 10.1.102.64 by moving its files to a new directory. This update presents the option to install an updated version of Flash Player from the Adobe website.
Image via MacStories
Officially, OS X Lion v10.7.4 Update includes fixes that:
- Resolve an issue in which the “Reopen windows when logging back in” setting is always enabled.
- Improve compatibility with certain British third-party USB keyboards.
- Addresses permission issues that may be caused if you use the Get Info inspector function “Apply to enclosed items…” on your home directory. For more information, see this article.
- Improve Internet sharing of PPPoE connections.
- Improve using a proxy auto-configuration (PAC) file.
- Address an issue that may prevent files from being saved to an SMB server.
- Improve printing to an SMB print queue.
- Improve performance when connecting to a WebDAV server.
- Enable automatic login for NIS accounts.
- Include RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras.
- Improve the reliability of binding and logging into Active Directory accounts.
- The OS X Lion v10.7.4 Update includes Safari 5.1.6, which contains stability improvements.