What does it do? Makes it easy to, er, buy Apple stuff. It’s intended to support both Apple’s online stores and their bricks-and-mortar outlets too. Here’s the full run-down of what Apple lets you do with the app, entitled ‘Apple Store’:
– See new and featured products from Apple.
– Shop the full selection of products available from the Apple Online Store.
– Find the latest accessories and software.
– Read customer reviews and get answers to product questions.
– Buy or reserve a new iPhone with just a few taps.
– Locate any Apple Retail Store in the world, instantly.
– Make Personal Shopping, Genius Bar, and One to One appointments.
– Sign up for workshops and events at your favorite Apple Retail Store.
Apple has released surprisingly few in-house apps for iOS since 2008 when the App Store opened. This app definitely falls under the “small but very useful” category along with the iTunes remote that s already available, rather than being being anything as significant as iMovie for the iPhone.
The app is available now, for free in the USA. Given that it integrates with Apple’s Genius Bar booking system, there may be a delay before it’s available everywhere. It will have to be especially tuned for each territory’s stores.
Read next: Interactive Twitter Marble Art
Pssst, hey you!
Do you want to get the sassiest daily tech newsletter every day, in your inbox, for FREE? Of course you do: sign up for Big Spam here.