Given the vast interest in Layer among our readers, we thought we’d share:
- The augmented reality browser has been downloaded 370.000+ times.
- The iPhone application alone that has just been released October 14th accounts for 150.000 of the total downloads. So it’s 150.000 in less than 2 weeks.
- Android Market users rank Layar 4.45 out of 5 stars.
- Layar has recently served 1.000.000+ views in 1 week (layer POI requests).
- 1450+ developer keys have been granted and Layar is starting to see a vital third party market (companies that offer creating layers as a service).
- There are currently some 180 layers live.
Last but not least here is the list of the founders’ most popular layers:
- The Gig Map
- Dove’s guide for Church Bell Ringers
If you happen to have an Android phone or an iPhone 3GS, go check these out!
Pssst, hey you!
Do you want to get the sassiest daily tech newsletter every day, in your inbox, for FREE? Of course you do: sign up for Big Spam here.