Given the vast interest in Layer among our readers, we thought we’d share:
- The augmented reality browser has been downloaded 370.000+ times.
- The iPhone application alone that has just been released October 14th accounts for 150.000 of the total downloads. So it’s 150.000 in less than 2 weeks.
- Android Market users rank Layar 4.45 out of 5 stars.
- Layar has recently served 1.000.000+ views in 1 week (layer POI requests).
- 1450+ developer keys have been granted and Layar is starting to see a vital third party market (companies that offer creating layers as a service).
- There are currently some 180 layers live.
Last but not least here is the list of the founders’ most popular layers:
- The Gig Map
- Dove’s guide for Church Bell Ringers
If you happen to have an Android phone or an iPhone 3GS, go check these out!