Earlier today we posted a number of screenshots of Twitter’s admin panel. Interestingly, a number of notable fact nuggets were discovered. With help from a few friends we have compiled a list of some of the most interesting, if you discover any more, be sure to let us know via @zee or @thenextweb on twitter.
A few neat little facts from the screenshots:
- Featured users can be added by simply adding a username. (not by automatically generated by algorithm)
- The screenshots were of Jason Goldman’s, Twitter’s product manager, Twitter account.
- There are a total of 187 featured users
- A 126 update per day limit (via LouisGray)
- A 250 direct messages per day limit (via LouisGray)
- A 1,000 favorites per day limit (via LouisGray)
- Britney Spears is blocked by 3855 users
- Ashton Kutcher Joined Jan 16th…in just over 4 months – he’s gained over 1.5 million followers.
- A useful list of Twitter hints can be found here.
- Ashton Kutcher blocks PerezHilton
- LilyRoseAllen blocks PerezHilton
- Barack Obama blocks 96 Twitterers
- Barack Obama’s account was hacked on the 5th January 2009
Ever been to a tech festival?
TNW Conference won best European Event 2016 for our festival vibe. See what's in store for 2017.
Other interesting stats, not from the screenshots.
- 1,382% year-over-year growth in February 2009.
- Total unique visitors grew from 475,000 in February 2008 to seven million last month.
- Twitter is the fastest growing member community site for the month of February.
- Zimbio (240%) and Facebook (228%) were the second and third-fastest growing online communities.
- Twitter is not just for kids: In February 2009, adults ages 35-49 had the largest representation on Twitter – almost 3 million unique visitors from this age group (almost 42% of the entire audience).
- 62% of the audience access Twitter from work only, while only 35% access it only from home – watch out for those, “Twitter is killing our productivity at work” articles to start flowing out of the mass media any day now.
- It’s all about mobile: In January 2009, 735,000 unique visitors accessed Twitter via their mobile device.
- The average unique visitor went to Twitter 14 times during the month.
- They spent an average of 7 minutes on the site.
- In Q4 2008, 812,000 unique users sent or received Twitter text messages (via AT&Tor Verizon cell phones).
- The average tweet per person for the quarter was nearly 240.