- Google’s big Monday Android event is off on account of the hurricane.
- Amazon goes on the offensive. Mocks Apple and compares Kindle Fire HD to iPad Mini on its homepage.
- The 16GB black iPad mini joins every white SKU in selling out its pre-order stock.
- Dude loses Nexus 4 in bar, Google goes Rambo to get it back. Here’s the lesson: Don’t road test and drink.
- Despite murmurs of hope, cybersecurity legislation remains utterly dead in the U.S. Congress.
- Google’s Crisis Response Team develops map to help people prepare for Hurricane Sandy.
- Steve Jobs’ gorgeous, high-tech yacht designed by Philippe Starck makes its debut.
- Mozilla sends the Internet Explorer team a cake, proving that it can sling saccharine with the best of them.
- Mark Zuckerberg has just liked Mitik the walrus, Facebook’s entertainment mascot.
Make sure you catch these features, published over the weekend. Perfect to read over your lunch or on that dull train ride home.
- One in a billion: How technology is transforming dating in China.
- Meet the superheroes fighting for your right to mobile privacy.
- Build it and they won’t come: How and why growth hacking came to be.
- Will Windows 8 appeal to app developers? Here’s two perspectives from the community.
- The problems with anonymous trolls and accountability in the digital age.
- Geek ink: A look at the new world of geek tattoos.
- For Apple’s Passbook, integration is the weakest link.
- 5 tips to make your bootstrapped venture work.
- 10 tell-tale signs that your website may need a redesign.
- Typographic inspiration: Creating a font from flowers.
- Picked up a Surface? Here’s how to upgrade to the final version of Office 2013 RT.
- 11 apps to promote healthy lifestyles among employees.
- Adblock Plus for Chrome now unblocks certain ads by default; Here’s how to block them again.
- Responsive-content: This jQuery plugin lets you easily serve different HTML to different devices.
And from elsewhere…
New York, meet the world’s tech scene
5,000 Tech leaders are coming to NYC this November to learn and do business. This is your chance to join them.
To finish off, here are some pieces that you really shouldn’t miss from elsewhere around the Web:
- An alternate universe [Marco.org]
- Surmounting the Insurmountable: Wikipedia Is Nearing Completion, in a Sense [The Atlantic]
- Founders, ICE And The Rise Of The Entrepreneur Influencers [TechCrunch]